- Cardiac Unit
- Part-time (20 hours per week)
UnitingCare Health is one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland and is a service group of UnitingCare Queensland. The hospital group is a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland which operates almost 1000 licensed hospital beds and employs over 4200 people.
One of the Coast’s largest private hospitals with over 700 dedicated staff, The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital is located in a peaceful, leafy natural environment at Buderim. The hospital provides a multi-award winning service to its patients and their families. We provide our patients with a wide range of services including Maternity, Intensive Care, Cardiovascular, Vascular, Obstetric and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Urology, Cancer Care, General Medicine, Renal and Respiratory Services, Mental Health, Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Orthopaedic, Rehabilitation and much more. The high level of care, commitment and expertise is what makes the hospital a leading provider of healthcare services on the Sunshine Coast.
Applications are invited from highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurses for appointment to the position of Clinical Nurse for the Cardiac Unit. The Clinical Nurse is a pivotal member of the health care team and is responsible for supporting the leadership, strategic direction, clinical and operational management of the unit. You will join an organisation committed to delivering high-quality health care with compassion, innovation and wisdom. You will actively be encouraged to participate in decision making and supported in a variety of professional development activities.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic Registered Nurse with at least two years experience as a nursing team leader and be able to demonstrate their ability to lead positive change and build cohesive teams.
Ideally, the successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration;
- Significant experience in an acute Cardiac Care setting;
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised;
- Clinical leadership implementing organisational and ward/unit objectives;
- Ability to apply clinical practice which ensures a safe environment and promotes optimal patient health;
- Interpersonal, communication, analytical and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement principles related to medical care;
- Interest in professional self development.
UnitingCare Health is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation for all children who come into contact with our services. It is our expectation that our employees will share in this commitment. Therefore, employees and successful candidates in specified roles will be required to hold a valid ’Blue Card’ in line with the ’Working with Children Check’ requirements.
Criminal record checks will be conducted for all successful candidates.
Working as part of the UnitingCare Health at The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, our staff enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths in both clinical and leadership streams
- Exceptional professional development opportunities including post graduate leaderships programs
- Flexible working arrangements
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Kathy Carfantan, Assistant Director of Nursing on (07) 5430 3399.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11727.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Friday 31st March 2017.