The Wesley Hospital, Paediatric Unit, is seeking expressions of interest from current employees for the following role –
- Clinical Nurse
- Part-time (32 hours per week), Fixed-term (8 months)
The position reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager and is responsible for supporting the leadership, strategic direction, clinical and operational management of the unit. This is an ideal opportunity to develop your leadership skills within the Paediatric Unit.
As a Clinical Nurse you will be accountable for:
- Clinical leadership implementing organisational and ward objectives;
- Demonstrating and applying the principles of clinical and workplace risk management;
- Applying sound clinical practice which ensures a safe environment and promotes optimal patient health;
- Effectively exchanging information regarding patient responses to treatment and nursing care;
- Achieving optimal patient care through effective collaboration with other health professionals and coordination of care;
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes through appropriate allocation of staff and delegation of work and uses effective communication skills;
- Retrieving relevant information to assess and respond appropriately to clinical, organisational, and management problems;
- Exercises authority through appropriate decision making.
- Participating in Clinical Professional Development;
- Utilising customer service principles to exceed customer expectations.
Ideally, the successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration;
- Post graduate qualification in paediatrics and acute paediatric ward experience;
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised;
- Clinical leadership implementing organisational and ward/unit objectives;
- Ability to apply clinical practice which ensures a safe environment and promotes optimal patient health;
- Interpersonal, communication, analytical and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement principles related to medical care;
- Interest in professional self development.
UnitingCare Health is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and will, for all children who come into contact with its services:
Provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services for children;
Prevent child abuse and neglect within our services;
Appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
Want to know more?
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Sonia Broadby, Clinical Nurse Manager on 07 3232 7054.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11938.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Tuesday 28th March 2017.
UnitingCare Health is committed to providing career development opportunities to staff through the internal advertising of vacant positions. Keep an eye on the mercury e-recruit ‘Job Board’ for more exciting roles with UCHealth.