- Full-time, Fixed-term (12 months)
UnitingCare Health is one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland and is a service group of UnitingCare Queensland. The hospital group is a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland which operates almost 1000 licensed hospital beds and employs over 4200 people.
With 524 beds, The Wesley Hospital provides tertiary level medical and surgical services across 30 specialty areas including cardiology, urology, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, orthopaedics, maternity and women’s health. These services are supported by an intensive care unit, coronary care unit, cardiac catheter theatres, 24-hour emergency centre, renal dialysis, radiology, radiation therapy, pathology, pharmacy services, IVF, haematology and oncology services.
The Orthopaedic team pride themselves on expert and cohesive teamwork to provide excellent patient outcomes. We are currently seeking professional and motivated Clinical Nurse to provide clinical leadership within our Orthopaedics Ward. As a Clinical Nurse you will be accountable for:
- Clinical leadership implementing organisational and ward objectives;
- Demonstrating and applying the principles of clinical and workplace risk management;
- Applying sound clinical practice which ensures a safe environment and promotes optimal patient health;
- Effectively exchanging information regarding patient responses to treatment and nursing care;
- Achieving optimal patient care through effective collaboration with other health professionals and coordination of care;
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes through appropriate allocation of staff and delegation of work and uses effective communication skills;
- Retrieving relevant information to assess and respond appropriately to clinical, organisational, and management problems;
- Exercises authority through appropriate decision making.
- Participating in Clinical Professional Development;
- Utilising customer service principles to exceed customer expectations.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency;
- Demonstrated post graduate nursing experience within an Orthopaedics specialty;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment;
- Outstanding time management skills.
UnitingCare Health is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation for all children who come into contact with our services. It is our expectation that our employees will share in this commitment. Therefore, employees and successful candidates in specified roles will be required to hold a valid ’Blue Card’ in line with the ’Working with Children Check’ requirements.
Criminal record checks will be conducted for all successful candidates.
Working as part of the UnitingCare Health at The Wesley Hospital, our staff enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths in both clinical and leadership streams
- Exceptional professional development opportunities including Post graduate leaderships programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidised on-site parking and restaurant
- Access to staff gym
Want to apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11941.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Friday 31st March 2017.