UnitingCare Health is one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland and is a service group of UnitingCare Queensland. The hospital group is a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland which operates almost 1000 licensed hospital beds and employs over 4200 people.
One of the Coast’s largest private hospitals with over 700 dedicated staff, The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital is located in a peaceful, leafy natural environment at Buderim. The hospital provides a multi-award winning service to its patients and their families. We provide our patients with a wide range of services including Maternity, Intensive Care, Cardiovascular, Vascular, Obstetric and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Urology, Cancer Care, General Medicine, Renal and Respiratory Services, Mental Health, Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Orthopaedic, Rehabilitation and much more. The high level of care, commitment and expertise is what makes the hospital a leading provider of healthcare services on the Sunshine Coast.
The Cooinda Mental Health Inpatient unit is a state-of-the-art 33-bed acute unit for those aged 18 and over. We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated and compassionate Mental Health Nurse to join our Cooinda Mental Health unit. This exciting and diverse role will enable you to use your passion for mental health in a growing team and an expanding service within the private hospital system on the Sunshine Coast.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with current Australian Health Professional Registration Agency (AHPRA) registration;
- At least 3 years recent experience within the specialised setting of mental health;
- Relevant post registration qualifications and/or credentialing with ACMHN;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, analytical and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement principles in relation to mental health nursing;
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of recovery oriented principles in nursing practice;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of clinical skills in assessment, formulation, treatment and therapeutic intervention.
UnitingCare Health is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation for all children who come into contact with our services. It is our expectation that our employees will share in this commitment. Therefore, employees and successful candidates in specified roles will be required to hold a valid ’Blue Card’ in line with the ’Working with Children Check’ requirements.
Criminal record checks will be conducted for all successful candidates.
Working as part of the UnitingCare Health at The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, our staff enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths in both clinical and leadership streams
- Exceptional professional development opportunities including Post graduate leaderships programs
- Flexible working arrangements
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Kathy Carfantan, Assistant Director of Nursing, on 5430 3399.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11943.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Friday 31st March 2017.