UnitingCare Health is one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland and is a service group of UnitingCare Queensland. The hospital group is a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland which operates almost 1000 licensed hospital beds and employs over 4400 people.
St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital is a 250 bed facility in Spring Hill. Facilities at St Andrew’s include 15 theatres, three cardiology catheter laboratories, endoscopy suites, an intensive care unit and emergency centre. St Andrew’s is a world leader in patient outcomes for many of our specialties. We achieve this by attracting the best staff and medical practitioners and carefully auditing and improving on the outcomes of our treatments.
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join the team in a casual position. The role will be responsible for assisting in providing a secure environment for staff, visitors and patients. The Security team also maintains traffic / parking control within the hospital grounds and car park. This is a hands-on role and involves providing assistance with immediate security needs, planning and general security support.
Ideally, the successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Recent experience performing a similar role (minimum two years)
- A current Queensland Security Officers Licence issued under the Security Provider’s Act, with the following licence functions:
- Security Officer (unarmed)
- Crowd Controller
- Security Officer (Monitoring)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Demonstrated effective time management skills
- Having a current Class C Drivers License would be highly regarded not compulsory
- Availability to work a flexible roster, including day, evening and night shifts
UnitingCare Health is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation for all children who come into contact with our services. It is our expectation that our employees will share in this commitment. Therefore, employees and successful candidates in specified roles will be required to hold a valid ’Blue Card’ in line with the ’Working with Children Check’ requirements.
Criminal record checks will be conducted for all successful candidates.
Working as part of the UnitingCare Health at St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, our staff enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths in both clinical and leadership streams
- Exceptional professional development opportunities including Post graduate leaderships programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Staff discounts for car parking and café purchases
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11892.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Wednesday 22nd March 2017.