The Wesley Volunteer Department is committed to providing hospital support and compassionate support to ensure delivery on patient-centred care. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and bring a range of skills to enhance the overall patient experience.
Volunteers provide services to a range of hospital programs including:
- Transporting patients to and from hospital appointments
- Meeting and greeting patients at Reception
- Accompanying patients to a ward or clinic
- Providing information and directions to patients and visitors at Information Desks
- Newspaper deliveries
- Administrative assistance like mail outs, preparation of charts, laminating, collating and photocopying
- Providing a book and magazine service to patients
- Delivering scripts to pharmacy and collecting charts and x-rays
- Palliative Care ward support
- Waiting room attendants
- Pastoral Care
Would you like to join our team? Volunteering opportunities are currently available between the hours of 6.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Volunteers successfully matched to a role attend Hospital Orientation and Training. Our volunteers are valued and recognised at events during the year including International Volunteer Week and end of year celebrations. (Parking and lunch is provided free)
Submit your interest! If you’ve got a special interest for volunteering submit your expression of interest. All we ask is for you to upload a cover letter identifying why you would like to volunteer, and how you feel your personal values allign with the values of UnitingCare Health (Compassion, Respect, Justice, Leading Through Learning and Working Together). Please note our recruitment system may ask you questions regarding your "employment" - please complete this information to the best of your ability. The information is not applicable to employment, rather your volunteering for our facility.
Need more information? Please see the link below to review the Volunteer Program Information Guide. For any specific enquiries please contact the team at the Volunteer Department on 07 3232 7282 or email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!