The Wesley Hospital, Orthopaedics Unit, is seeking expressions of interest from current employees for the following role –
- Clinical Nurse
- Part-time (24 hours per week), Fixed-term (13 months)
The position reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager and is responsible for providing clinical leadership within the Orthopaedics Ward. As a Clinical Nurse you will be accountable for:
- Clinical leadership implementing organisational and ward objectives;
- Demonstrating and applying the principles of clinical and workplace risk management;
- Applying sound clinical practice which ensures a safe environment and promotes optimal patient health;
- Effectively exchanging information regarding patient responses to treatment and nursing care;
- Achieving optimal patient care through effective collaboration with other health professionals and coordination of care;
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes through appropriate allocation of staff and delegation of work and uses effective communication skills;
- Retrieving relevant information to assess and respond appropriately to clinical, organisational, and management problems;
- Exercises authority through appropriate decision making.
- Participating in Clinical Professional Development;
- Utilising customer service principles to exceed customer expectations.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency;
- Demonstrated post graduate nursing experience within an Orthopaedics specialty;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment;
- Outstanding time management skills.
Want to know more? For a confidential discussion please phone Brooke Majkut on contact number 3232 6094.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process and quote the following reference number – 11942.
We look forward to receiving your applications by Tuesday 4th April 2017.
UnitingCare Health is committed to providing career development opportunities to staff through the internal advertising of vacant positions. Keep an eye on the mercury e-recruit ‘Job Board’ for more exciting roles with UCHealth.